INSPIRATIONAL HCG STORIES
The 500 Calorie HCG Diet is made up of the following 3 phases.
Phase I: The Loading Phase ( Day one and two)
Before starting the 500 Calorie HCG Diet, patients will need to prepare their bodies for the low-calorie period to come. It is very important to drink one half to one gallon of water per day through this phase as well as each of the subsequent phases. For the first 2 days, along with the HCG injections, it is necessary to eat to capacity and consume as much carbohydrates, fat, sugar and calories as possible which will help the HCG to absorb into the body. This easily accessible fat will also be utilized during Phase II of the diet. If this step is not taken, you are more likely to feel tired or hungry during the low calorie diet. During these loading days, you must basically stuff yourself with fatty foods, eating to capacity. This is in order to make sure your fat stores are sufficient to complete the diet effectively. Food suggestions during the “gorging” period are chocolate, pastries with whipped cream, fried foods, eggs and bacon, bread with thick butter and jam, etc. This “gorging” period can become uncomfortable, but is necessary for the effectiveness of the program
.Phase Two: Maintenance (days 3-23 or 3-40)
At this point you should be on a diet of 500 calories a day. If you wish to lose more than 15 pounds, this period will last 40 days, if you wish to lose less than 15 pounds it will be for 23 days. The diet as laid out by Dr. Simeons is as follows:
Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Low calorie sweetener is also acceptable. Only one tablespoonful of skim milk in 24 hours.
Lunch: One each of the following:
- 100 grams (or 3.5 oz.) of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster,
crab, or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and
the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional
fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed.
- One type of vegetable only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory,beet greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage, cucumber.
- One breadstick (Grissino) or one Melba toast.
- Two servings of fruit per day: An apple or an orange or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.
Dinner: The same four choices as lunch.
These meals may be seasoned, but only within the following restrictions. The juice of one lemon daily is allowed for all purposes. Salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweet basil, parsley, thyme, majoram, etc., may be used for seasoning, but no oil, butter or dressing. Though there is no salt restriction, it should roughly be the same amount every day as a sudden increase in salt can result in weight gain. If beef is used, it should not contain marbling as it is impossible to cut off the fat or other meat choices should be used.
Phase II Diet
- Do not consume any item that is not on the list
- Eat only the allowed serving size (this will be the proper amount of calories per day)
- Consume only 2 servings of each category per day (two 100 gram servings of protein and two servings of vegetables
- Try to consume as much organic food as possible
- Chicken, steak, extra lean ground beef, white fish, crab, lobster, shrimp, veal are preferable
- Vegetarians can consume 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, 8 ounces of milk, 1/2 cup of non-fat, plain-flavored yogurt. een salad, beet greens, chard, spinach, celery, onions, asparagus, red radishes, chicory, cucumbers, tomatoes, fennel, or cucumber.
- Unlimited water, black coffee, sweeteners (Stevia and Saccharin ONLY), tea, spices, (only ones that do not contain sugar), gum (only gum made with xylitol)
- DO NOT CONSUME OR USE OIL FOR COOKING
- Drink 1/2 – 1 gallon of water per day
- Getting adequate sleep every night is crucial
- Do not have two meals that are exactly the same in the same day
- DO NOT SKIP A MEAL!
- Each meal must be balanced and consist of protein, fruits and vegetables
- Fruit and vegetables may be eaten in between meals as a snack rather than with the meals
It is encouraged but not required:
- Walk at a steady pace for 1 hour per day
- Drink Eleotin Tea 3 times per day
IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT YOU CONINTUE THE DIET FOR TWO DAYS AFTER THE LAST INJECTION OF HCG
Phase III: The Stabilization Phase (lasts 21 days)
Since the low-calorie portion of the diet is now complete, HCG hormones should not be used during Phase III. Caloric intake can slowly be increased but only one food item should be added to the diet per day. The body may now respond differently to foods that were regularly eaten before HCG was started and adding one food at a time helps identify and foods that the body may not respond well to. If the body does not respond well to any specific foods, it is important to avoid these foods in the future. Because of this diet, the body may prefer to eat highly nutritious foods and vegetables over foods that are high in starch and fat.
- Eat low-sugar, low-carbohydrate foods
- Do not eat fast food
- Drink 1/2 – 1 gallon of water per day
- Walk 1 hour per day
- Eat only organic meat, fruit and vegetables
- Use Stevia as a sweetener
- Sleep 7-8 hours per night
- Eat a large breakfast
- Eat 6 times per day
- Do not eat 3 1/2 hours before bed
- Take digestive enzymes with all food
- Take probiotics, vitamin E and krill oil daily
- Incorporate cinnamon into all food/meals
- Stop eating as soon as a feeling of fullness comes on